The Onyxia Library - Write some books! Jan 20, 2020 20:38:18 GMT -5 Saerfall, Toasty, and 1 more like this
Post by Ichor on Jan 20, 2020 20:38:18 GMT -5
This is the Onyxia Library thread. This is the space where bloblings can publish their books - or, more aptly, players can find the form to fill out so that their blobling's book can become a reality. Or, well, a Terrea reality. There is no entity yet who proofreads or decides on which books are created - anything that gets written is bound and put up on the shelves... probably because everyblobby is so starved for content that they just accept anything that they're given.
To add your blobling's book to the Library, simply copy and and fill out the form below to the best of your ability, and then post it here. You may add as much or as little detail as you wish - you can draw up a quick book cover and post your blobling's book with an excerpt, cover art and an attached role play post, or you can just yeet a near-empty form in with 'my blobling writes a smut book' in it. Both are delightful and will be 'published'.
Book Submission Form:
[font size="3"]Hey @Admin and @Saerfall, my blob wrote a book![/font]
Book Name: (The title of your blobling's book should go here.)
Author: (Please tell me which blobling wrote the book - it's worth noting that they can definitely use a pen name/fake name if they want to.)
Genre(s): (What genres does the book fit into? Examples: Fantasy, Erotica, Non-Fiction, etc.)
Excerpt: (Please write out a section of your blobling's book.)
Synopsis: (Please write up a description of your blobling's book. This is what will go on the back of your blobling's book and will help 'sell' it.)
Length: (Please tell me about how long your blobling's book is. Is it a short story, or a novella, or a full novel? Approximately how many words are in it?)
Appearance: (Optionally, please tell me what your blobling's book looks like. If you can't draw or just don't want to, you can either leave this section empty or describe the book. Something as simple as 'black outside with a blobling on the cover' will suffice.)
Along with your post, you may optionally roll 2d6 by typing out [ roll ] [ roll ] without the spaces between the brackets to see how well-received your blobling's book is amongst blobling society. You are welcome to roll a single d6 if you're trying for a 1. >>;
You may also add +2 to your blobling's roll - up to a maximum of 12 - if your form has over 200 words, not counting the words in the form by default.
Reception Roll Results:
1. Nobody reads your blobling's book. It's an utter disaster and offensive to look at. Why did they even publish this? It is impossibly bad. Literally - this roll is actually impossible, unless you opt to roll 1d6.
2. One or two bloblings tell your blobling that their book was difficult to read. They appear to be pitying them - but hey, a couple bloblings remember the thing your blob wrote, so that's a plus? Even if they remember it as being very bad.
3. 5 - 10 bloblings appear to have read your blob's book. They refuse to tell your blobling what they thought, but sometimes your blob can see them whispering behind their back about something. Your blobling has one die-hard fan who says everyblobby else is wrong about their work and that it's incredible and is what they live for. Everyblobby else thinks it's kinda bad, at best.
4. 1000s of bloblings or more have read your blob's book, but most of them think it was laughably bad. A few bloblings write to your blobling anonymously to tell them that they don't actually think the book is as awful as everyblobby says it is, and they're just saying so to fit in.
5. A lukewarm reception - your blob's book goes out into the world and is read, but noblobby really has any strong feelings for or against it. It's possible this option is the worst one of all, because bloblings seem to have consumed your blobling's book and it's disappeared from the shelves a few times, but noblobby really remembers it or cares to talk about it. A truly bland offering.
6. It's... kinda good! A little bit good. A few bloblings thank your blob for adding another book to the shelves of the library, and your blob's book has very few who speak ill of it. There are a few typos littered throughout that don't get noticed prior to publishing, but the book was pretty okay overall. A few weeks after getting added to the shelves, noblobby's talking about it anymore.
7. Three out of five stars. Your blobling's book gets added to the favourites list of a few bloblings who really live for what they wrote about, and very few bloblings have anything bad to say about it. A generally good result! Probably not hot garbage.
8. Hot garbage in the very best way. Your blobling somehow lucks into writing something excessively bad that everyblobby likes, and memes go up on the EB referring to this book shortly after it's published. This book is circulated like a hot potato - whatever that is - and your blob can see a lot of smiling faces all around wherever they go. But your blobling is in on the joke!
9. A well-written, happily accepted entry into the world. This book is just good. No caveats, no weird add-ons... this one just gets to be good.
10. A tremendously crafted masterpiece of a book that doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves. Your blobling manages to produce a rare perfect book, and everyblobby who opens it LOVES IT. The only problem is that it gets very little attention compared to books of lower quality that were released around the same time.
11. This book is incredible. Your blobling lucks out on this one - it's popular, but not so popular that your blobling can't still have a private life if they want to. It's well-loved, but your blobling can still get criticized on the EB without a shit storm ensuing in the comments.
12. **NATIONAL BEST SELLER.** Everyblobby who has entered the library has heard of the book your blobling wrote, and many travel from far and wide just to get the chance to see it. It has been read so many times that it's falling apart, and several bloblings have made it their life's mission to make new copies so that your blobling's words can be shared with as many eager eyes and minds as possible. Bloblings adore you, you have die-hard fans and mobs of bloblings will attack anyblobby who says so much as a single critical word about your blob's work or person. Your blobling can't go anywhere without being stopped - or, if they used a fake name to publish their book, they can't go anywhere without hearing people talking about it in the distance. Blobs are making derivative work: sculptures, offshoots, fanfiction, you name it. Your blobling is now considered a best-selling author. Your blobling's next two books get a +5 to their roll, up to a maximum of 12. For better or worse, this book will be added to the Hall of Fame.
Posting in this thread will reward a player the same amount of Coins as making a role play post.